I earned my Masters in Social Work at the University of Southern California (2013), with a concentration in Clinical Social Work and sub-concentration in Military Social Work. I earned my Master of Arts in Religion (Christian) from Northwest Nazarene University in 2010, emphasis of Spiritual Formation.
I was an ordained Christian minister with The Salvation Army from 2004-2012. I am currently ordained through World Christianship Ministries.
I have Bachelor of Arts degrees in both Social Work and Religion from Northwest Nazarene University. I performed by internships at The Salvation Army, Correctional Facilities, and License to Freedom, a Middle Eastern Immigrant Agency. My professional experiences started in 1994, including non-profits, families, older foster youth, work with “birth families”, homeless, men & women in addiction & recovery, Middle Eastern immigrants, domestic violence, human trafficking, family shelters and women’s transitional programs, youth pastor, associate pastor, child development centers, men and women who have lived through trauma.
It is my belief that therapy can result in a number of benefits, a few which include:
(1) a better understanding of your personal goals and values, (2) improved interpersonal relationships, and (3) a helpful resolution to the problem(s) that led you to initially seek therapy. With sensitivity, compassion, and humor, it is my hope that we can work together to discover your strengths and find the solutions you’ve been seeking.
I continue to take classes, workshops, and seminars that focus on individual psychotherapy, trauma in all areas of life, neuroscience, and psychopharmacology in order to stay abreast in the field of Clinical Social Work. Education is very important to me in order to provide the best possible service to my clients.
I take a holistic approach to therapy, concerned with the overall long-term well-being of the individual and their family. I work with clients on partner relational issues, family of origin conflict, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, and other issues in a safe, supportive, and non-judgmental environment. EMDR, I practice Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Seeking Safety Treatment Protocol, Motivational Interviewing, Solution-Focused Therapy, Positive Psychology, each depending upon the issues we are addressing. As an ordained Christian minister, I utilize spiritual principles throughout, honoring my client’s spirituality as they are open to it. I strive to use what works best for my client.
The population I work with includes individuals who have been affected by abuse and trauma in their life, such as on-going emotional, physical, or sexual abuse. I also work with individuals who have experienced a one-time trauma, such as a car accident, rape, shooting, or other disturbing event. I am a Certified Clinical Trauma Therapist (International Association of Trauma Professionals). I continually seek to improve on new ways to assist people with their healing. I also focus on people in life transitions, assisting people as they navigate a new way of “be-ing”. These approaches can often help them heal more quickly and provide lasting relief. You can learn more about these therapeutic modalities under “Services” in this website.
Licenses and Certifications
- Arizona License, LCSW #21510
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, State of California, LCSW #77060, 2017- Present
- Licensed Social Worker, State of Idaho, LSW #2305, 1998-Present
- Ministerial Ordination, World Christianship Ministries, 2016-Present
- Ministerial Ordination, The Salvation Army, 2004-2012
- Board Certified Telehealth Professional, Telebehavioral Health Institute, 2019-present
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional, IATP, 2019-present
- Certified Personality Disorder Treatment Provider, 2021-present
- Bereavement Facilitator, American Academy of Bereavement, 2003
- Domestic Violence Counselor Certification, State of California, 2013
- Motivational Interviewing, University of Southern California, 2012
- Problem Solving Therapy, University of Southern California, 2013
- EMDR Provider, 2021 to present
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- North American Association of Christians in Social Work (NACSW)
- Telebehavioral Health Institute, Inc. (TBHI)
- International Association of Trauma Professionals (IATP)
- EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)